Sunday, June 8, 2008

UP NORTH















It has been a crazy weekend. But all worth it. Friday I picked my mom and grandpa up at the airport and drove from Detroit to Oscoda. 4 1/2 hours with Abby too. She was the best girl!! Singing, sleeping, talking- just happy-thankfully! We made it up here by 6:00 pm. It was nice to be near the water again. I love being up here. It is the best. I have so many wonderful summer memories and I am glad that my children will have the opportunity to have those memories too.

After all of the "Opening the cottage" work was done, which this year was no small task, (for which my mom bought me ice cream for dinner!) but better than the flood from last year, we went to the beach and the kids went in the water and I received my first sunburn of the season. It was nice to feel the breeze off the water and the sand on your toes. It has been rainy off and on today and so we have just hung out and mom and I have been crocheting. And I have been the chef today. I made grandma's onion chicken and mashed potatoes. YUMMY comfort food which is great on a rainy day!

Abby had been so funny this year. She loves the freedom! Daniel just loves to be here and can't get enough. I am glad that my parents are up here where they love to be. And that I get to benefit from it!!

1 comment:

tina said...

Liz,

Hope you are enjoying! I finally got to your blog spot. Tina enters the new Millenium.

So I no way but I am going to Oscoda in August. I didn't even know for sure that was the home of the cottage. Crazy.

What's onion chicken? Is it gluten free?

Enjoy your "Liz time" and make every day "Liz Day."

Love ya- Tina:)