Tuesday, August 19, 2008

8 years ago today....






8 years ago today, I was waking up at a bed and breakfast with my sister with my wedding dress hanging in the bathroom, hoping it wouldn't rain. Today is my 8th wedding anniversary. I doesn't seem like it has been that long, but it seems like we already have some wonderful memories together. The day was beautiful. Not a cloud in the sky. We were married on the beach in Oscoda, my favorite place to be in the world. We were joined by family and friends from all times in our lives. It was an incredible time. My grandma Jo was still dancing.. all over the beach. My uncle Larry even threw fake poop down the isle. As I walked down the isle each of the guests had a rose in their hand and I greeted them and collected the hugs and kisses and flowers. What more could a girl want? Our pictures were amazing from that day. (My scanner is having a tantrum so I can't add them) I have the best husband in the world for me. He truly is the one for me. And I am so blessed to have him.


Seven years ago today, we found out that we were going to be parents. It was a crazy 1st anniversary present. But we were overjoyed! He is a marvelous dad! He has his rocker boy that he wanted. And we now have our princess that he is not so sure of most days. We are blessed to have them. They keep us wondering what could be next?


I must be the luckiest girl in the world because not only do I have a great husband and 2 crazy kids, this husband lets me travel the world, without him...for now. He gets that I need to go so that part of me won't die. And I am thankful that he loves me enough to make it happen.


Thank you dude for the best 8 years of my life. You endure my insanity with Primary, Habitat, and all of my crazy ideas. You put up with my messiness and love me in spite of my faults and flaws. I love you!

1 comment:

alecia said...

Happy Anniversary!