Thursday, August 20, 2009

9 years

9 years ago, Dan and I stood in one of my favorite places in the world... Oscoda Beach and were married. I was a beautiful day. A bit crazy, but beautiful. And our wonderful families helped to make it happen. I was determined that we were not going to get married in the church across the street. And the weather cooperated! I wanted to hear the water and have the sand on my feet so that every time I walked on that beach I could remember being married there. I am so lucky to have Dan in my life.

There were some things that I cared about, and things that I didn't and I am sure that I drove my mother crazy. My dress came from the same bridal shop that my mother and grandmothers dresses came from. It had to be different and it was. I wanted everyone in the bridal party to wear sandals, and we did, even the guys with their tuxes. I didn't want arranged flowers. So as the guests came to the beach, they were given a rose and when I went down the isle, I collected them and hugged everyone. I wanted to acknowledge everyone that was there prior to the ceremony. It was important to me. And my mom and my Aunt Beth made the best cheesecake in the world for our cake. It was SO good. I also wanted live music. So my friend Elliot Lui played the guitar and sang. It was so wonderful. Our pictures were the best. Dan was sick of it after about 2, but they turned out to be so perfect.
Especially the one of my grandma dancing on the beach! It is now a family favorite. People came from far and wide and it was wonderful to have them celebrate with us. There were a few hiccups in the whole thing, but don't most weddings have a few? It was a wonderful day and I am thankful for a wonderful man to spend my life with.

And 9 years later, we were able to take Daniel and Abigayle with us to the temple and be sealed for time and all eternity. It was another beautiful day. I am still thankful for a wonderful man to spend the rest of eternity with. I love you dude!

3 comments:

Libby said...

I can see why the picture of your grandma is a family favorite! What a fabulous shot! ...and CONGRATULATIONS, both on making it nine years and on your sealing. Both fabulous, fabulous things.

Rachael Hutchings said...

Hi Liz,

I don't have an email for you! Will you email me your snail mail address so I can put that Microplane in the mail to you? My email is rachael(at)lafujimama(dot)com. Thanks!!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

So lovely!! Congratulations!!