Saturday, August 1, 2009

True Love Day


Today has been a special day in the lives of the Shawl family. We were sealed for time and all eternity in the Detroit, Michigan Temple. It was a beautiful day. One that I have waited 9+ years for. When Dan and I met, he was not LDS. So we couldn't be married in the temple. We had an increadible wedding on the beach in Oscoda. It was a beautiful day too. But today as I kneeled across the altar, I knew that I had made the best choice in choosing to wait for him to be ready to be there with me. The room was filled with so many friends and family and family friends. And as the kids came in the room to be with us it was overwhelming. They looked so perfect in their white clothes. Abby asked me what we were doing and I told her that it was "true love day". Dad was my true love and we were celebrating true love day. (She loves to tell us that we are true loves. ) She accepted the explaination but still was not so sure about what was going on. I am so thankful for the opportunity that my family has to be a forever family. I am so thankful for the gospel in my life so that I know that this is possible. I am so thankful for a wonderful husband that asked me to be with him forever. And I said yes.

4 comments:

Little Yancey Family said...

Yay Congrats! I'm glad it was a beautiful day for you and your family.

alecia said...

Awesome, Liz.

Wee Sisters Three said...

I am so happy for you guys. My grandma would say: Bless your hearts

Luna said...

We are so happy for you! We wish we could have been there with you.