Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day should not be on a Sunday!

Why is it that the most stressful day of the week is Mother's Day? Sunday is not a good day to relax and be pampered! Within 5 minutes of waking up I was yelled at, hit and told that I wasn't nice. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! Then their was breakfast, which is alway a battle and I never get any. The whole getting everyone dressed thing and then keeping them clean in their good clothes. AHHHHH! Sacrament meeting was nice until right after the sacrament was passed, then Abby had a fit. Dan took her into the hall and I went to check the Primary room. NONE of the chairs were set up. So I hurried and did that with the help of my friend Kathy which meant that I didn't hear any of the first talk. Then the children sang, beautifully of course. And then back to the Primary room to get everything ready. Which thanks to my wonderful counselor Jeni, went AWESOME!!! She rocks!!! I talked with the children about Elder Ballard's talk from conference and how he directly spoke to the children about how they should be to their mothers. I have to admit, I got a bit teary as I talked with them. Then they had a great time singing songs about mom's. And then we made bookmarks. FUN, FUN, FUN! Then the whole running around to check on everyone, collect cub scout camp forms! I went to the nursery to pickup Abby and she was asleep. I rushed home to see Dan before he had to work for a few minutes. Bless him, he made me soup on a rainy day! We settled down for a while and then the real Mother's Day fun started! Abby started to barf! I guess this was the Lord's way of telling me that it wasn't about me! So covered in barf and tired from the day I decided that we need to boycott Mother's Day on a Sunday. How does Tuesday sound? It works for me! Just a day that I am allowed to really get a break. Yeah RIGHT!

No comments: