Monday, May 5, 2008

Learning to have fun

I have just returned from the Midwest Pilgrims pilgrimage in Rockford , Illinois . It was the most amazing experience. One that I will continue to learn and grow from. I came away with a new sense of who I am and the ability to be my "authentic self".

The women that I met were amazing. And I don't think that I have ever felt so accepted, loved, encouraged, understood and wanted in my whole life. These LDS women were real LDS women as I define what an LDS woman is.

Sister Chieko Okazaki of the general Relief Society Presidency was the guest for the retreat. What an amazing woman!! She was awesome!! The thing that she spoke of were touching, funny, spiritual and relevant. It was incredable to sit and be in her presence for 3 days and feel of her spirit, but also to see that she is real and approachable. And the love that she has for us as sisters of the church was so overwhelming. I will never listen to her speak the same way again.

I learned so much about myself that I don't know that I could put it all into words. But the one thing that I learned was that we need to have FUN and PLAY! We get so busy with everything that we do that we don't have fun and we don't play. So I encourage you to think about what makes you laugh, what do you do for fun, what would you like to do for fun? GO DO IT! Stop doing what you are doing and make time for FUN!

It was also so great to spend time with my mom. Since she has moved it has been hard. We spend time together in the summer and during Christmas. And we go down to Florida every February. But it isn't the same. So it was great to be alone with her and just talk and connect and hang out. I needed that too.

I feel like I can be a better me after this weekend. I feel like I can be a better wife, mother, sister, friend.... the list could go on!

No comments: