Wednesday, July 2, 2008

VACATION TIME!!!!!


Dan looked at me last night and asked "Why does it feel like Friday when I know that it is Tuesday?" Well, because we are on vacation! Yesterday was our last day of work for a while. We are headed to the airport today to pick up my grandma aka GG. The kids love her and can't wait to see her. And then we will go north to Oscoda!! The beach is waiting for us and calling our names. When we were there a few weeks ago the kids couldn't get enough. And they have friends on Oscoda Street waiting for them. It will be great. Dan's golf clubs have not been swung this year yet so he is going to hit the driving range. Daniel said that he needs to go fishing. So I think we have some adventures ahead of us.

Friday will be the big family celebration of the 4th.
Food, food and more food and some fireworks!!! Saturday we are going to have a "surprise party" for my Grandpa aka Popi Jo, who will be turning 90. So there will be a lot to do, but I am sure that I will make it to the beach a few times.

Sunday, Dan, Ed, GG and I will be coming back to the homestead because Tuesday we leave for JAPAN!!!!!!! I can't wait. I have a wish list of adventures I want to go on and yummy treats I want to eat. We will see. I am sure that the trip will kick my butt, but I am ready for it! No kids-which I am starting to worry about. No hubby-which I know will be okay, but am worried about. No work- not worried at all. I am not even going to think the "H word" while I am gone. Or the "P word" for that matter. I need to just let go and refocus. I have no balance in my life. I was reading on Like a warm cup of coffee: 31 days to clean and realized that I have a problem with balance. So I am going to work on it.

I am going to be blogging on my trip so stay tuned!!!

1 comment:

Little Yancey Family said...

I'm so excited for you! I would love to go to Japan! I will absolutely be checking back to see what fun stuff you guys are up too. Tell Grandma to take lots of pictures so she can show us when she comes in September! Have ever so much fun!